Sharon Baptist Weekday School in Charlotte, NC has been teaching preschool age children since 1975. We provide weekday preschool programs for children ages 6 months through Transitional Kindergarten. Our staff provides an atmosphere of love and care where each child can grow in all aspects of life. Our classes are designed to foster the four fundamental areas of development: social, emotional, language and physical. With appropriate class size and teacher ratios, we effectively ready your child to the next level.
Our school year begins after Labor Day and ends at the end of May.
Our school hours are from 9:30am – 1:15pm.
Check out this video for more information from our director, Tiffany Martin!
Registration for 2021-2022 opens to current preschool families on January 20. Registration opens to new families on January 29.
New family placement is based on a first come first served basis. We accept new children during the current school year if there is space available. Contact us for up to date information. We welcome you to visit and tour our campus.
We are continually striving for excellence in education. Teachers and classrooms are equipped to offer children age-appropriate toys and activities. As the children grow older, more emphasis is placed on skills that will help them be successful in an elementary school environment. Academic concepts are presented in a hands-on manner, with play, art, fun activities and manipulatives. This helps children gain confidence in the concrete aspects of skills as they develop readiness for the more abstract skills of learning to read, write, and perform mathematical tasks that will be emphasized during kindergarten and other early elementary grades. Our 3’s, 4’s and TK teachers follow the Core Knowledge Curriculum.
At Sharon Baptist Weekday School, we believe in developing a Biblical worldview in our children. We accomplish this by focusing on the Fruits of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23. The character traits of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, and Self-Control are instilled in our children by focusing on one of these traits per month. Selected bible stories as well as a key monthly bible verse are taught in a fun interactive environment. Furthermore, our teachers are always looking for teachable moments in the everyday – circle time, handwriting, playground, etc. that reinforce the truth, beauty and creativity of God’s word.
(included in tuition)
In addition to our regular curriculum and classroom activities, we are pleased to offer our children these other learning experiences:
- Chapel Time (Preschoolers) – Chapel is held every other week for our preschoolers. They are taught about the love of Christ through Bible stories, biblical concepts and song in an engaging and child-friendly manner.
- Music (All ages) – All of our age groups enjoy weekly music class. Led by our music teacher, the children sing, move and learn about music concepts. The children present a Christmas program before the holiday break. Also, our TK students perform during the graduation ceremony.
- My Gym (Preschoolers) – Every other week, we offer a structured motor skills program through My Gym. The My Gym instructors teach physical activities that develop coordination and gross motor skills.
- Science Friday (Preschoolers) – One of our staff members provides Science Fridays every other week. Children explore science concepts through fun, hands-on experiments.
- Special Guests – Our desire is to help educate our children in a broad curricular spectrum. For this reason, we invite special guests throughout the year to visit SBWS. A sampling of our guests in the past have included our local fire department for fire awareness, a professional storyteller who introduces Children’s Literature in an interactive and creative format, and a dental health professional during Children’s Dental Health Month. We strive to look for new and innovative methods to engage our children.
- Handwriting Without Tears – Introduced in our 3-year-old classes, this fine motor skills curriculum is taught in our 4-year-old classes and TK in preparation for Kindergarten.
Quarterly Parent Chats are provided to give parents an opportunity to get to know fellow parents better while learning about or exploring various topics which are relevant to their child/family.
Sharon Baptist Church Weekday School admits students regardless of race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administrations of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.
Sharon Baptist Weekday School
6411 Sharon Road
Charlotte, NC 28210
Phone: (704) 552-1762